Thursday, September 3, 2015

Rained out

So unfortunately I don't have a hiking post this week because it was too wet to hike.

I don't mind a bit of drizzle, but it has poured on my days off! I'm talking the sort of rain that when you're driving through it with the wipers at full-speed you still can't see where you're going. We need the rain, though, so I can't really complain.

So in lieu of a hiking guide, I would like to draw your attention to a unique hiking opportunity that is available this Labor Day weekend: The Middle Fork Snoqualmie Road will be open this weekend today through Tuesday. Several trailheads are along the road, which has been closed during the week since last summer for a paving project that is expected to continue through next August. The forest service is keeping the road open a few extra days this long weekend, so it's a good opportunity to take advantage of if you're in the area!

Also, thanks to everyone who helped support my dog during Hike-a-Thon. He hiked 23.55 miles and raised $75 for Washington Trails Association. We're going to aim to do even more next year!

Since we're stuck indoors with the rain, we've been cleaning a lot. Here's a pic of Ozzy preparing for battle with the vacuum cleaner.

Face of a true warrior.

No comments:

Post a Comment