Thursday, November 19, 2015

Play Ball! - Civic Trail Loop

For this week's walk, I went on a short 1.2 mile walk around the Civic Field Athletic Complex. I was going to go on Sunday, but my water heater died and flooded my bedroom, and then a fabulous storm hit our region so I just managed to get this walk in on Wednesday to bring you the pics on Thursday!

Civic Trail Loop
Parking permit: None needed
Distance: 1.2 miles
Elevation gain: minimal

The trailhead is on Civic Field Way across the street from Joe Martin Stadium. During the game when there are no events going on, there should be ample parking.

Might not want to park here during games, though.
The trail serves the local Puget neighborhood and meanders through the woods that surround the athletic complex.


I didn't photograph it but there was actually a fair amount of litter on the trail. I saw a large water container full of soapy water, discarded clothes, and plenty of plastic food packaging. If you're looking for a trail clean-up service project, this would be a good place to start.


On the north end, the trail hugs Geri Fields 1-3.


A decently vandalized Softball Hall of Fame monument provides a picnic area in view of the fields.


The trail will meet up with the parking lot. Across the street, the trail system continues. From here there are several trails that connect to various parts of the neighborhood, but hang a hard right to stay on the loop trail.


You'll emerge from the woods across from Civic Stadium and Geri Field 4.



Take the paved path that runs along Geri 4 for the loop trail. You'll meet back up with the Hall of Fame monument and then you can head back the way you came.

On the way back, I took a smaller loop trail to change things up. It was more of the same woods, but there is a rock that someone definitely had sex behind at some point.

From past geocaching experiences in the area, I can say there is a lot of nookie that goes on in these woods. You don't want to know how I know.
That's it for this week. Now that the storm has moved on it looks like decent weather in the upcoming days so I hope to get some decent walks in.

No comments:

Post a Comment